Harmony Park, the privately owned location for Sacred Harvest Festival, has its Conditional Use permit up for renewal with Freeborn County, Minnesota on November 7 – today- at 7 pm. According to the renewal hearing notice Resolution #11-014 puts forth a series of possible new restrictions that include:
- Noise limits at a maximum of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agencies Rule #7030 with a baseline decibel level between 70db and 80db.
- Employment of a security firm at events.
- Use of directional speakers.
- Bands, electronic equipment or drum circles will have to be silent at 1am on weekends and holidays and at 10 pm on weeknights.
- Payment by the property owner for one Freeborn County Sheriff’s Deputy 10 hours per day at overtime rate.
Two members of Harmony Tribe intend to appear at the hearing and speak in support of Harmony Park.
Anyone who wishes to appear and support Harmony Park and its permit renewal are also invited to appear at the Freeborn County Commissioner’s office: 411 South Broadway
Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007.
Those who wish to send an email regarding resolution #011-014 can send an email to Freeborn County Commissioners.
Freeborn County Commissioners
For more information on Harmony Park go to http://www.harmonypark.com
For more information on Harmony Tribe go to http://www.harmonytribe.org To send an email in opposition of Resolution #011-014 go to http://www.co.freeborn.mn.us/commissioners/default.aspx and email the county commissioners. Those wishing to attend the hearing can go to the Freeborn County Commissioner’s office, located at 411 South Broadway Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007.